Old October 30th 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Churchill's Lessons of History

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:34:19 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
I had unsubscribed but decided to come back. I'm not going to
engage in flame wars.....

How the hell can you avoid them? If I post that 2 + 2 = 4 on this
forum, there will appear some ass hole who gives me an argument
about it.

Nah, it's the name-calling and descent into personal attacks that I
want to avoid. Somebody insults me personally, then I will insult
them, because they are not worth a rational debate. Just my personal
feelings; I know there are those that thrive on flame wars, and
depending on the group, I might participate if I get disgusted enough.

In the long run, it is a waste of time. No one has ever been convinced of
anything by being insulted. If you are trying to conmvince someone that your
point of vies is valid, only continue to do so with rational arguments.
Beyoned that, you are much better off just terminating the discussion and
pick up some other subject to discuss with someone else. I sit here and try
to give people the knowlege I have picked up during my 77 years of living.
But if they don't want to learn anything from me, there is no reason why I
should waste my time with them. Certainly screaming, "YOU IDIOT!!" at them
can't accomplish any purpose whatsoever. Far better to just state what you
have to say, and then bow out.