Old August 22nd 03, 12:40 AM
AWriteny

sw3015@hotmail writes

I have an old car way back on the back of our yard/property. There are
at least 15-20 cats living in it....I could just take them
all to the pound...A lot of these cats are pretty
skinny and kind of matted-looking.

1) skinny matted looking cats aren't healthy
2) these all may be feral cats (cats who had little or no bonds w/people and
are unsuitable for adoption)
3) overcrowding shelters will NOT save these cats as there are many many cats
who are suitable just as they are.
4) take maybe 10 minutes on the computer and see if there are local animal/cat
rescue groups who can advise you on what to do or who can come and recolony the
cats away from your property
5) sounds like the children are not very educated and need to be taught respect
for animals and for other living things. Perhaps you're unaware that most, if
not all, serial killers start by being cruel/killing animals. You don't want
future serial killers on your hands, right?