Old July 23rd 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Jill Update from Jill (OT)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital. Yes, Matthew, I was posting in
the wee hours of Saturday morning (7/12) because I was so uncomfortable I
couldn't sleep. By 11AM I was in the emergency room, having been whisked
off by ambulance. I couldn't stand up, much less drive myself to the
hospital. And Mom, bless her, was too freaked out to even think about
driving. Here I'm supposed to be acting as her caregiver and I wind up in
the hospital *again*! NOTE: the doc says even if I'd stayed in the
hospital the first time around for a day or two it probably wouldn't have
made any difference.

Diagnosis: perforated colon. I was on heavy duty IV antibiotics, IV
fluids and a LOT of pain medication. Two shots of morphine in the ER
didn't do it. They had to give me something that practically knocked me
out. Gradually I was able to eat soft foods withouth a problem and they
removed the drain (which was more uncomfortable than anything after a
couple of days). Long story short, I'm back home now, still on heavy-duty
antibiotics and a strict diet. Do I feel like cooking? No. Do I have to?
Yes. Dammit!

Welcome back and please take care of yourself. I doubt if you'll get a lot
of sympathy from Persia as she is on her own limiting diet, but I know
she'll love on you and take good care of you anyway. My love and sympathy
for you, Persia, John, and your Mom.

Pam S