Old January 16th 09, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Deuteros

Default Cat started pooping on the floor

I have a 7 year old male cat. He's had no behavior problems since
we've had him but about two or three weeks ago he started pooping on
the floor in random places. It doesn't seem like he does this every
time he has to go and he is still peeing in the box (as far as I can
tell). Other than that his behavior seems normal.

The only thing I can think it might be is we recently switched his
food to another brand around the same time he started doing this.
Could this cause him to do this? If this is the problem should we
switch back to his old food or has he been too long since he started
eating the new food?