Old April 9th 04, 05:02 AM
Judy

equalizer wrote in message
I've got 4 indoor only cats. All 4 are micro chipped, and wear
break-away collars 24/7 with ID's, rabies tags, microchip info. It just
occurred to me thought that they've been wearing these collars non-stop
for about 4 months now since they've been off. I decided to take them
off of them for a few hours. They don't react to the collars at all, but
what are people's feeling about the length of time to leave a collar on?
Is it a good idea to give them a "break" now and then, or is it
un-necessary? I frequently check the area under the collar while I'm
brushing them and doing general exams of them.

The only time I collar my cat is just prior to her going outside. When she
comes in, it comes off.