Old April 9th 04, 05:59 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:18:37 -0400, equalizer wrote:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:50:28 -0600, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:50:24 -0400, equalizer wrote:

I've got 4 indoor only cats. All 4 are micro chipped, and wear
break-away collars 24/7 with ID's, rabies tags, microchip info. It just
occurred to me thought that they've been wearing these collars non-stop
for about 4 months now since they've been off. I decided to take them
off of them for a few hours. They don't react to the collars at all, but
what are people's feeling about the length of time to leave a collar on?
Is it a good idea to give them a "break" now and then, or is it
un-necessary? I frequently check the area under the collar while I'm
brushing them and doing general exams of them.

If your cats are growing, the collar should be checked frequently to
make sure it is not too tight. On the other hand, if the cat is old,
it could lose weight and the collar could get loose (this happened to
my cat).

They're full-grown. The 'kittens' will be 4 this month. I don't know how
old Daisy is --somewhere between 5 and 8 I guess, although she acts like
more of a knucklehead than her kids.

I forgot to state that my cat wears her breakaway collar all the time.
She also has a microchip.