Old February 21st 05, 10:08 AM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for both you and Jill to find great jobs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

"jmcquown" wrote in message
news

snip
She's now on special x/d food to avoid crystal oxolate stones in the
bladder. Thankfully she loves the food 'cause it's not cheap and I

don't
have a job. She gets the x/d "gooshy" food on Saturdays as a treat. (I
swear she has a calendar hidden under that fur somewhere; she wakes me

up
earlier on Saturdays and talks loudly to me: "Hey, wake up! I'm

supposed
have da gooshy food today!")

Now I'm starting to see white on the tips of her toes and little white
hairs
on her belly. My grey/blue girl is getting older. SIGH. But she's
happy,
and very much loved.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Jill,

I enjoy reading your story about Persia.

Rusty is also good at opening doors. Once my cat sitter spent an hour
looking all over for him. He was hiding in the storage room. He also likes
to go behind the washing machine. Another time I saw the kitchen cabinet
door opened and closed. Sure enough it was Rusty that went and hid under

the
kitchen sink.

Being a Canadian cat, Rusty naturally likes to play hockey with objects
on the floor. But as he gets older, he is not as interested in his toys
anymore. He spent a lot of time sleeping on his cat hammock on the window
sill. He has always enjoy belly rubs.

Rusty also had his shares of health problems and
urinary blockages. We went to the emergency vet hospital at least 3 times
over the years. One time he was hospitalized for a complete blockage and
spent the weekend there. The emergency vet suggested a 'sex change'

surgery.
But his regular vet said that should only
be a last resort. So we didn't go for it. I spent a lot of $$$ over the
years on vet bills and various prescription food.
He is well known with all the staff at his vet's clinic. In the past, I
wondered whether he would make it to his 10th purrsday. But he is now 10
going on 11 and God willing, we will celebrate our 10 years together in a
few months.

I also don't have a job and often worry how long I can keep up with
the vet bills and expensive prescription food. With both of us getting
older, we will probably face more health problems.
But all we can do is to take one day at a time.

Winnie