Old May 17th 05, 03:25 PM

One more thing-
If you don't catch the mother cat using the baby as bait, it doesn't
mean you can't trap her in the future. When setting a trap, I also can't
stress enough the importance of putting either newspaper or cardboard
along the floor of the trap so it covers the trip plate. This way the
can't won't see it and step over it. If it's windy cardboard would be
better although, if you don't have any, a few small rocks are useful in
weighing the newspaper down so it doesn't blow around.

This is what I did to catch a feral that had been caught once before and
was afraid of traps. It took a little over a week. I used canned
mackeral and began by leaving the trap out with the door tied up using a
bungee cord.
I started feeding the cat at the exact same time every evening and
putting the food about a foot away from the trap. I continued to do so
until I was certain the cat was eating it. I then began gradually moving
the food closer to the trap (a few inches each day) and then inside the
trap. When I saw that the cat was regularly eating the food when it was
in the trap, I then moved the food all the way to the back of the trap,
untied the door and set it so it would spring. I got the cat that night.

This method takes time, but you have nothing to lose here and if you do
this, you should be able to catch her before she has more babies.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing