Old August 12th 05, 04:27 PM
Karen

I wonder if you compounded the meds if it would help. I think there are
places that will mix them into fish oil. Or maybe you have tried that? Purrs
for Frank to be feeling better soon.

"Marina" wrote in message
This happens every time we get back from the island. Frank doesn't feel
too good for a few days. But this time he's been under the weather for
nearly a week. He has an upset tummy. It started before I brought home
Caliban, so I don't think that's the reason. I made an appointment for
him at the same time I'm taking Caliban in on Tuesday.

One thing I know is that he's not getting enough of his hyperthyroidism
meds. He's been refusing to eat his kidney diet food lately, and I've
given him the same meat as I give Miranda, but I can't mix the meds in
that, and so I've had to give them with the syringe. And Frank fights
the syringe really hard, and when I manage to squirt some into his
mouth, he just closes his mouth and lets the stuff trickle out between
his lips. Hyperthyroidism can cause a runny tummy, so I'm hoping that's
all it is. Poor boy, I can see he's not feeling very well. He hides
furthest back in the sauna, where I can't reach him and cuddle him, so I
mostly leave him alone. He's very unforgiving when I give him meds with
the syringe, so he doesn't want me near him anyway. I miss my darling boy!

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in
Caliban. I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these
changes, but to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem
stressed by Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other
when they meet, and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't
seem stressed when we first ame to the new place, he just immediately
adopted the sauna as his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy
Caliban's company when I worry so much about Frankie.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi