Old March 24th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default The old lady's in her prime!

"BfloPolska" wrote in message
We finally managed to get Sabrina into the vet for her regular
visit
and I was so pleased to hear not only a clean bill of health, but
the
doctor's word that The Matron, at over 10 years old, is quite a
healthy old lady in her prime. Her teeth and gums look good, and
aside
from some hairball issues, has no complaints. She didn't even b*tch
and moan getting the rabies shot; unlike Mama who can't get a
routine
dentist visit done without sedatives! She has been a good little
caretaker to me as I've been home under doctor's orders myself,
with
the twice-yearly sinusitis. This is one of the principle reasons I
didn't want another phone job. Call centers, no matter how much you
swab everything down with alcohol, are filthy, germy places; rules
and
regs at such jobs scare the Christ out of anyone calling in for
anything other than his own death.

Please spare a few purrs for Louie, too, who is having fits: he
discovered a spot of rot on a floorboard under the the bathroom
sink,
and is having kittens (so to speak.) We're still paying off a very
new
home equity for siding. I just need a better job. Or Louie needs a
reality check and a do-it-yourself class.

Blessed be,
Baha

Trust me, if Louie hasn't taken to do-it-yourself by this point in his
life, you don't want him to.

Charlie's dad was great at fixing things. So was mine. I miss them
both. All Charlie learned from either one of them was that probably
he should fix things, and that he needs all the tools to do so. And
there it stops. We have a wonderfully equipped garage and workbench.

I used to be pretty good with a hammer and screwdriver myself, until
arthritis destroyed the grip in my hands.

A handyman is your friend.

Jo