Old September 29th 04, 03:41 PM
Jason

(---MIKE---) wrote in message ...
Jason, that is just plain bad advice. I would rather provide dental
cleanings once a year than have the cat get urinary blockage from
insufficient water. Feeding canned food provides more water than dry
food plus drinking would provide.

Well.. I'm just basing it on experience.... we feed our 3 cats on
Science diet, and be assured we provide them plenty of water - it
comes alongside their meals, and theres a container out front and
another out back - theres clean water available always, don't know
where you got the idea they were short on water?
Any extras are rare - like once or twice a month they might get a
piece of fish, or a piece of raw meat, as and when we get it in for
ourselves, but these are only very occasional extras - science diet
and water is the main, two of the cats are 5 the other is 2 years old
- and none have had any plaque buildup on their teeth - in fact I'v
heard the Vet comment favorably on their (teeth) condition ( almost
with a sound of surprise in his voice), they'v never needed their
teeth cleaned - theres NO plaque at all.