Old September 23rd 14, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default does this cat seem big?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:24:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message ...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...e5&oe=54C1C14E

~~~~~~~
That's terrible. That poor cat is obese (not merely overweight), and it
is a real health problem. It probably does not have enough energy and
agility to even run and play.

MaryL

I don't know that anything can be done though. I suspect that with
cats, as with people, some are just going to be fat. My Nipsy is a big
cat, but not fat. Scooter eats a little bit and stays thin. But Marlo
is obese and doesn't really eat much more than the others. She isn't
as bad as that cat, but she isn't getting any smaller. With three
cats, I don't know how I can limit her and yet let the other cats eat
when they want.

Also, Marlo and Espy were pretty close in age, and Espy was always
thin and I'd try to get him to eat more. He's dead and Marlo is still
around.