Old March 26th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The neighbors' dogs

"Pat" wrote in message
In the house closest to mine lives a couple and three dogs. Their yard is
not fenced, so the dogs only get to go out with the people, and mostly
only when they need to relieve themselves. I did not realize until the
other night that they are letting their dogs poop in my yard. I realized
it because I was out there and stepped in some, without seeing or feeling
it, then tracked it through my house before I noticed it.

YUK!! I read through this entire thread before deciding to answer it. I
agree with those who say to try to talk to the persons first. Maybe, since
you were both country folk before moving into town, you could approach them
with either a dinner invitation or a request for information about where
they think is the best place (sorry Mandy interruptions) to find something
you need. Then you can ask about leash laws, in case they affect the cats,
and so forth. Who knows you might become good neighbors with these people,
if not friends. You may find out that they can help you as much as you can
help them.

Pam S. who has found some good friends using a smile and a casserole