Old March 26th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The neighbors' dogs

"Pamela Shirk" wrote

YUK!! I read through this entire thread before deciding to answer it. I
agree with those who say to try to talk to the persons first. Maybe,
since you were both country folk before moving into town, you could
approach them with either a dinner invitation or a request for information
about where they think is the best place (sorry Mandy interruptions) to
find something you need. Then you can ask about leash laws, in case they
affect the cats, and so forth. Who knows you might become good neighbors
with these people, if not friends. You may find out that they can help
you as much as you can help them.

Heh. I already tried that, well before the dog-poo incident. I wanted to be
friends with the neighbors and introduced myself on Day One when I needed to
use a phone while waiting for mine to come on. They were extremely nice to
me that day and I spent at least an hour chatting with them. Since the house
is for sale (by the same folks who owned the one I bought) I asked if they
had considered buying it. They said they were thinking about it.

Then a week or two later I went over with a question about mini-blinds. I
really just wanted some company. They woman came to the door, held it open
and stood there talking, without asking me in, so I figured she must be busy
or something and excused myself. As I went to leave, I asked "oh yeah did
you guys decide to buy the house?" And she replied, curtly, "That's *my*
business" and gave me a little strange dirty look. I didn't know what to
make of that, and haven't spoken to her since.