Old June 30th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Default Kitten has brown stuff coming from eye.

"lucy707 via CatKB.com" u23450@uwe wrote in message
I'm kind of worried about my two month old kitten. She has this brown
liquid
stuff coming from her right eye. I have seen other cats with stuff around
their eyes, but this is like a liquid. If I wipe it with toilet paper, it
looks brown. I really don't know how else to describe it. The woman we got
her from said that when she gave her a bath she put mineral oil drops in
her
eyes. could this be the cause? Is this a serious problem and should I be
worriedabout her health? Please, any advice is really appreciated.

You don't want to let this continue for very long. Cats shouldn't have weepy
eyes. I think I'd take her to see the vet. She might need an antibiotic eye
ointment. If that doesn't do the trick the kitty might have a herpes
infection. That can be addressed by giving her some L-lysine. L-lysine can
be purchased at a health food store. You can give her 250 mg a day. If you
get a pill crusher (I think they are available places like Pet Smart) you
can mix the powder in with canned food. I've seen lysine do wonders for a
couple of rescue cats who had chronic weeping eyes.