Old October 21st 03, 04:31 PM
John E. Jaku-Hing

"Barb 1" wrote in message ...
You lock him up in the garage or one of your guest rooms and you give him
plenty of attention? Sort of a contradiction, isn't it? When you are
finally relocated maybe a pal for him to keep him busy.

The "contradiction" exists because I have tried to let him sleep with
me at night, but he has woken me up to play or go outside. The
consequence of his actions was always to lock him up for the night. I
wished he learned he learned his lesson, but after 4 years, I cannot
expect the sudden behavioral change I'd like. If I just let him meowI
cannot go to work everyday bleary eyed from lack of sleep and continue
to provide for the cat. The additional pet is a tempting option, but
is not really practical. What the other person mentioned seems most
viable (cat tree, toys), maybe some soothing music on a timer. I
intend on "walking" him as well (the little dude loves to follow me
around), but I want to help mitigate his continual meowing during the
morning hours, as I can live with a little noise during the day.