Old October 17th 03, 01:35 AM
Luvskats00

If the cat was stated on
the site to be UTD and the story keeps changing, complain to them. I do

PetFinder for our group, and the PetFinder staff is great. They are
typically quick to respond when I have a problem with the site....Believe it
or not, we have a hard time placing declawed cats, because they usually have
been dumped because of behavior problems.....

As a (former) feline rescue volunteer, I had always the utmost respect for the
founder of the now-incompetent rescue group. I don't feel it's out-of-line to
get a vet who was treating the cat for all her life to sign off on her health.
I don't feel ready to adopt a cat with problems. There are hundreds of special
need cats - Because I'm undergoing surgeries and have limited funds, I can't
take a cat that is not healthy at the moment. (Of course, the future health
and well-being of the cat is my sole responsibility). Anyway. why is the
organization avoiding asking the current owner to connect me (the future
guardian) to the vet? Sounds like it's done so on purpose! Btw, I've been a
vet assistant for 4 1/2 years, also. I've never seen a declawed cat with
behavior problems. I've also taken 3 post grad courses in feline/animal
behavior and do not believe declawing causes this.