Old May 27th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
hamandcheese

Default Pet euthanasia at home (license or permit required?)

"Ivor Jones" wrote:

Exactly, but 3-4 is also very young and they are easily adoptable at that
age. It's the oldies (14+) who *really* need a chance.

For me, yes 3-4 is still young but statistically the 3-4 years olds
aren't that adoptable and you rarely see 14 yr olds in a shelter
around here (which makes you wonder why). Just watch the families that
visit to look at the cats and they just walk right past the mature
ones.

Most of the cats that my local HS puts up on their web page are 1 yr
and up to about 4 max so that seems to be the target range they are
pushing. Kittens don't usually seem to need the advertising space.
http://www.kwhumane.com/html/cat_adoptions.asp

-mhd