Old January 10th 05, 10:29 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Produce and other goods trucked in would be so expensive consumers

couldn't buy it.

Makes me wonder how the rest of us not in low-tax heaven and paying more manage
to do it ;-)

Well, I didn't have occasion to buy any when I stayed in
London - I was the house-guest of a childhood friend. But
judging from the prices I paid for fruit, etc. in Paris and
Vienna and Brussels (shopping in "tourist" areas, mind you),
produce is not nearly so expensive in Europe as it is in
many parts of the U.S.! (It seems to be fresher, too.)