Old June 6th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default OT Venus transit today

---MIKE--- wrote:

For those with clear skies (not here) you can observe the planet Venus
cross in front of the sun this afternoon. It starts a little after 6 PM
eastern time. This won't happen again for 105 years. Be sure to have
eye protection such as welder's goggles.

Didn't this just happen a few years ago? And the next one isn't for 105
years? That's a pretty irregular schedule. One thing I've always noticed,
though, is that when there's an unusual celestial event, people will say,
"this won't happen for another big number of years!" and then I read
about it coming up again a few years later.

You might be right, of course. And I'm not really challenging your
statement. It just always seems, to me, like these things happen a lot
more often than we're told they're going to happen.

--
Joyce

Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker