Old August 5th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default I am still shaking

Matthew wrote:
I just had one of the worse moments in my life Since Jan of 2008.

As you all know phantom is not doing good. He is still eating drinking
and going to the bathroom normal but I think it is getting
in the last part of his life. I have been dreading going out to work
or errands and coming home to find him dead.

Well I had to flea bomb my room. For the last couple weeks we have
been battling fleas. It has been raining down much that everyone are
having pest problems. The pest are being forced into the dry areas;
our homes. All resources spent doing the battle .It well last
week I had to bomb my room. Phantom has been staying in one area so he
was not happy when I moved him last time. So when I opened the
door he came running back to his spot.

Well the fleas came back and this time I said Heck with it. I am
smoking the room. I used 4 of those heavy smoke flea bombs that get
everywhere. I had to move him out so he was not happy. When I came
home he was no where to be found. The worse thought entered my mind.
I could not find him for over 30 minutes. I finally found him under
a chair couch. He was not moving. My heart stopped. I have been
yelling his name since I got home. Doing his special whistle. Nothing No
Phantom. I reached down and said Please not today. Not
when I was not here. Not while he was alone. I touched His tail. That
head popped up and my tears began to flow. I picked him up and
said thank you to who was listening.
He ran back to his spot and is still there like nothing happened. I
don't know if I mad, relieved, shocked, tearful all in the same
moment. All I know is he is still here and I hope for a long time to
come

The b*st*rd cat trick is alive and well. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart