Old October 25th 05, 04:58 AM
Phil P.

Default Repellent: Methyl Nonyl Ketone?

"Juls" wrote in message
In article , "Phil P."
wrote:

"Juls" wrote in message

I've got a couple of spots I'm trying to keep Jazz out of, like behind
the TV where the electrical and cable wires are. She thinks the wires
are great fun, and I can't come up with a way to make a barricade.

Juls,

Go to an automotive supply store and buy a few yards of vacuum hosing-

it
comes on a roll (very flexible) and in a variety of inside diameters

from
1/8" to about 1". Cut the hosing in the lengths of the wires; cut a

slit
down the length of the hosing and put the wires inside.

You can also use plastic tubing that you can buy a Home Depot, but I

prefer
vacuum hosing because the hoses are very strong and walls of the hosing

are
very thick- thicker than the length of a cat's carnassial teeth. Vacuum
hosing is very inexpensive and very easy to work with- its so flexible

that
you can even tie it into a tight knot.

Phil

Oh wow, that's a great idea. I could do the same with computer cables,
too.

The best part about using vacuum hosing or tubing is you don't have to
disconnect all the wires. After you make the slit, just slide the hosing
over the wires. You can also put several wires inside one hose if the wires
go to the same place.

Any ideas for the space between the wall and the fridge? I tried a
piece of cardboard to fit,

You shouldn't block the space behind the fridge with a solid object because
it will also restrict air flow and cause the fridge motor to overheat and
possibly burn out.

While you're at home depot, buy a 4'H x 10L' roll of metal fencing (similar
to chicken wire) that has 1/2" square openings- they're too small for a
cat's paws to get stuck in. Don't unroll the fencing- just stand it up and
wedge it between the wall and the fridge- do the other of the side of fridge
the same way. The fencing will keep the cats out while still allowing air to
circulate behind the fridge. The rolls are hardly noticeable.

Some fencing comes wrapped in plastic packages. In this case, peel down a
few inches of the package and put a few layers of tape around the roll-
about an inch or two from the top of the roll so it doesn't unwind. Do the
same
on the other end. After both ends are taped, take the rest of the plastic
packaging off and wrap a few layers of tape around the middle of the roll.
Now the roll won't unwind. Wedge it between the wall and fridge. That ought
to do it.

Phil