Old April 23rd 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Default Omega 3 oil for crf cat

Riannon wrote:
I highly recommend DVM Pharmaceutical's 3V Free Form Liquid Omega-3s. The
bioavailability of free form n-3s is much higher because they're absorbed
without metabolism-- IOW, they don't require breakdown by pancreatic

Will try and locate those.

A 5-10 cat should get ~160 mg of EPA and ~104 mg of DHA.

Here's 2 quick links of sources for the 3V liquid form, you'll probably be
able to find others if necessary:
http://www.medi-vet.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=81 product # 10812
http://www.1800petmeds.com/3V+Caps-prod2841.html product # 2842

I'm in Canada & certain supplements can't be obtained here. I've ordered &
received whatever my cats have needed from US suppliers without any problems -
specifically Dermcaps liquid for one of my cats who has an allergic-skin
condition that breaks out over his eyes if he's not on this stuff. When this
was discontinued here, my vet suggested twice yearly steroid injections but
no thanks, the oil added to his food is far easier & no stress. Here's a
picture of this boy, Coco.
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/23904...50028271dkzBcX
Best of luck, M.