Old May 16th 12, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie notices a spider

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On May 14, 5:45 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

__________
No, she didn't move at all, she just crouched there with her huge legs and
*looked* at me.

It only looked like she was looking at you because she turned her head
in the direction of the vibration although spiders have poor eyesight
they will still turn towards vibration or noise (their hearing isn't
bad and the sense of vibration is superb)
---
So she turned her head towards me and it only *looked* like she was looking
at me! I'm not sure she turned her head at all, tbh, but having one of the
largest spiders I've ever had in my house appearing to stare at me freaked
me out.
You have to remember I was a true arachnaphobe until I got as bit Buddhist.
Most arachnaphobes will kill any spider because they simply cannot cope with
them. My heart was beating so hard to gather her up and put her outside
unharmed but I managed it. I needed a stiff drink afterwards.
If you are one of those people who can take a large spider in your hand and
remove it without almost dying of fright, I admire you. I wish I could. I
can't. I've come a long way about spiders, but I simply could not touch a
big one unless someone was nearby with a defib.
Tweed