Old June 7th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
cindys

Default Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

"William Graham" wrote in message

"cindys" wrote in message

"Karen R." wrote in message
ink.net...

I don't know how it holds up to storage once opened -- I got enough cats
to use up the tube.

-----------
Last year, we fostered a cat who arrived with fleas, so all of the (5)
cats in the family needed to be treated. The veterinarian gave me a tube
of Revolution for each cat. One of the cats was too quick for me, and I
was unable to treat her (after I had already snipped the top off the
tube). I went to try again later, and the Revolution had totally
evaporated. So, I think evaporation is the issue rather than a concern
that the active ingredient will go bad or deactivate when exposed to air.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

The lesson is: First catch the cat, then open the tube........

------------
The cat was caught, but as soon as I opened the tube, she caught a whiff of
it and went bonkers. She bit my husband (who was holding her) and ran out of
the room. (This is the first and only time the cat has ever bitten anyone).
She never did get the flea treatment (and I never saw a flea on her either).
I attribute this to the fact there were only a few fleas to begin with (and
only on the foster cat who had been kept separate from the other cats), the
other four cats were treated anyway (a couple of times each, just to be
sure), and the cat in question pretty much likes to stay in one particular
bedroom (which the foster cat did not enter). I got very lucky.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.