Old June 9th 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Leanne

Default Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

I have been using Frontline Plus for several years. My vet suggested that we
get the one for large dogs as it is all of the same formula. I opened our
last plastic vial this evening and filled one syringe with 2 1/2 cc and a
second to 1 1/2 cc of the liquid. I just cap them off with the plastic caps
that come with the syringes. The dosage we use is .5 cc per month. A package
of three vials for a large dog lasts a long time. if you have a large herd
would make it reasonable.

Leanne

"Garret Swayne" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Here's another question...Can you do this with Frontline Plus as well?
I've heard it's actually a better product than
Advantage, in that it works against ticks too. Can I buy the "large-dog"
product and dole out smaller "cat-sized" doses to my feline? Would anyone
know the dosage size?
-Garret

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
Garret Swayne wrote:
I've been told Advantage Flea control has the same ingredients, whether
it's
used for dogs or for cats. The only difference is that when you buy
Advantage for dogs, the measured single-application doses contain more
(because dogs are larger and require a larger dose). So if you have a
calibrated eyedropper to measure out the dosage exactly and information
on
how big a dose to apply to your cat, theoretically you could buy a
packaged
dose for a large dog and stretch it to several applications for your
small
cat, couldn't you? Has anybody tried this, or or do you know of a site
where they tell you exactly how to do it?

Yes, you can - I do it all the time. I forget the dosage for cats,
but it's how ever much is in each tube made for cats (I think it's
0.8ml). Just check the dosage on the tube for cats, and remove that
much per cat from the larger package.

-L.