Old May 4th 05, 06:33 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 04 May 2005 17:02:42 +0000, dopekitty wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
dopekitty wrote:

My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening. She lives in calgary, but was up in edmonton visiting some
friends and me. I walked her to the bus stop to go back to her friend's
place saturday evening, and neither I nor our mother has heard from her
since.

(snippage)

Kristy

Stupid question, but did anyone call the police in both places?
Saturday to Wednesday is a long time for a young woman to go missing.
Did she have a cell phone? Were there other friends she might have
decided to visit without notice? How old is she? Announcing she had
plans to hitchhike would have caused me to have apoplexy on the spot.

Anyway, purrs on the way for your sister and you and your mom for your
worries and for Toby the cat, too.

Jill

I've called once, yesterday. They told me to have someone check her
apartment. I don't live there, so our mother called one of my sister's
friends and had her check. She is not there. Friend is supposed to be
getting the super's number for my mother to call. If super hasn't heard
from her, then we're calling the police again. RE other places to visit:
i really don't know, i just know she was already worried about her cat
being alone, so i can't see her deciding not to go home. As for the
hitching.. i used to do it myself and survived fine, but these days, and
out here, it worries the hell out of me too. She will be twenty in july.
She has two cellphones, neither of which she is answering and the
voicemail is full on at least one of them.

Kristy

Besides calling the police, put ads on the radio and TV. Most have a
public service policy and should not charge for it. Like for lost pets,
perhaps putting out some fliers might help. Even if it's overkill,
better safe than sorry. Purrs for her safety. MLB