Old August 3rd 03, 03:09 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Rachel" wrote in message
Cathy Friedmann wrote:
"Sheryl Barber" wrote in message
My cat has an interesting tail quiver. It is not the usual twitch
or tail slap on the floor. She actually makes it quiver very
rapidly while it is raised straight in the air. I have never
noticed any of my other cats exhibiting this behavior. Anyone
familiar with this behavior and what it means?

Yes. As long as it's not associated w/ spraying (backing up to
something, tail quivering, & marking w/ urine), then it just means
they're all excited &/or happy. One of my cats does the quivering
tail a lot ("Oh, hello, I'm so happy to see you!" sort of deal), & my
first cat used to do it when I opened her favorite kind of food as a
treat.

Cathy

My 3 1/2 month old male kitten does it, I've assumed that it is the

instinct
to "mark" but that he's not mature enough to actually "do" it. He varies
between turning his back end to something or just doing it anywhere. Is he
likely to be "happy" or "marking"?

Sounds like it may be both types of quivering actions.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon