Old June 10th 05, 10:50 PM
John Doe

Justin L wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:18:33 GMT, "RobR"
wrote:

snip tale of the cats fighting and stuff

Here are the snipped facts.

Brak - Male 18lb - 5y old (the bully)
Zena - Female - 10lb - 13y

Brak is beating up on Zena.

I have a very similar situation to yours.

Apparently the only similarity is that they are cats and one is a
bully.

The fact that Zena is hissing suggests she is under a lot of
stress.

Only recently has the victim
cat started to fight back against the bully. I am not really sure what
brought about the change though, as I have been trying a couple of
different things.

Things I tried that may or may not have worked:

- try showing the bully cat more affection than the victim
pet the bully first, feed him first, play with him first, etc.

- don't let the bully cat see you giving affection to the victim cat.

- add enough litter boxes so each have 2 of their own to choose from
(if possible)

- oddly enough, it really seemed like Elwood started to fight back
when I switched them over to a canned only diet instead of dry
kibbles.
That is probably a coincidence though.

- as others have mentioned, when you see a possible fight ready to
break out, try tossing a toy by the bully, or do something to distract
him.

- I tried the Feliway, and it didn't seem to help to much ,though some
have had good results.

- It seems like once the victim cat fought back, things got a lot
better.

That is all I can think of now.

Good luck!

From: Justin L leejustice2 hotmail.com