Old February 26th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy licked the bird feeder

On 2/25/2019 6:37 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
I had to bring the bird feeder inside tonight. I heard a chittering
sound which could only mean one thing. Raccoons. Sure enough, when I
flipped on the outside lights there was a raccoon on the patio.

I don't mind if they eat fallen bird seed on the patio or the ground
around the patio. But I've had enough of raccoons ripping bird feeders
to pieces over the years. So I brought it inside.

I set the feeder just inside the door in the living room. It's been
slightly dewy outside tonight. I caught Buffy licking the top of the
bird feeder. The dew? But then she started licking at the bird seed in
the base, too. Nope! Not for you!

I put the feeder in the enclosed garage for the night. Funny how she
doesn't pay much attention to the birds but she was interested in the
feeder. It't not the first time I've brought it inside and set it in
that same spot. It is the first time she ever licked the feeder like
that.

Jill

If you wanted her to eat it she wouldn't on principle.

Judith

I hadn't thought about that, Judith, but you're absolutely right.

She's still pretending to be mad at me for going to work. I *know*
she's out and about when I'm gone. She loves her golf ball and some
specific toys. I have noticed, upon returning home, some of them have
been batted around and moved during the day. Don't pretend to me you're
not doing anything when I'm gone. LOL

She may look like she's been snoozing at the end of the bed all day but
hmmm, the dry kibble bowl is empty, litterbox used and toys have been
moved.

I change my clothes, scoop the box, refill the kibble and give her lots
of scritches. I play with her. She still gets upset because I'm a
little tired and would like to unwind without swinging a toy mousie at
the end of a fishing wand around. Or constantly chasing the golf ball.
I'm not into an hour long toy fest. But it's okay, because she suddenly
realizes she didn't sleep all day, either. She goes off to take a nap.

Jill