Old March 4th 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default Buffy licked the bird feeder

On 24/02/2019 02:16, jmcquown wrote:
I had to bring the bird feeder inside tonight.Â* I heard a chittering
sound which could only mean one thing.Â* Raccoons.Â* Sure enough, when I
flipped on the outside lights there was a raccoon on the patio.

I don't mind if they eat fallen bird seed on the patio or the ground
around the patio.Â* But I've had enough of raccoons ripping bird feeders
to pieces over the years.Â* So I brought it inside.

I set the feeder just inside the door in the living room.Â* It's been
slightly dewy outside tonight.Â* I caught Buffy licking the top of the
bird feeder.Â* The dew?Â* But then she started licking at the bird seed in
the base, too.Â* Nope!Â* Not for you!

I put the feeder in the enclosed garage for the night.Â* Funny how she
doesn't pay much attention to the birds but she was interested in the
feeder.Â* It't not the first time I've brought it inside and set it in
that same spot.Â* It is the first time she ever licked the feeder like that.

Jill

Now I have inside cats for the first time, I'm anxious that they don't
get bored, so my family bought me a bird feeding station for Christmas.
One of those that looks like a steel tree that you sink in the ground.
It came complete with seed feeder, peanut feeder, fat ball feeder, flat
suet slab feeder, mesh tray for birds that can't cling to feed, and a
tray for water. It's a great present for me, as what makes my cats
happy makes me happy too.
Nelli spends at least an hour a day, sometimes more, on her bedroom
windowsill birdwatching. Garfie has not noticed it yet unfortunately,
she prefers to sleep. That's her hobby, sleeping. I've been up for 18
hours several times, and she's never moved from her bed! Maybe she'll
notice the birdfeeder soon.