Old October 5th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Cats won't stop eating dog food. Any tips?

Response to "news" :

I'm not sure this will work as the dogs graze at random times
-- not excessively.

Dogs don't need to "graze". They do better with regulated
feeding times.

What do you mean by "do better?"

On a serious note, does such a place exist?

It's *your* house.

It was an attempt at serious comedy. I could not think of a single
place that a dog could get to that our cats could not.

And if so, how would
the dogs get there? I'm guessing if a cat cannot reach the
food the dogs' chances would be nil.

We have to figure something out our largest cat is packing
weight back on after a successful stint at dieting because he
refuses to keep his sniffer out of the dog bowl.

You refuse to try and keep dog food away from him.
If he got a proper diet , he wouldn't want to eat dog food
anyway.

I'm not completely sure you know what my frame of mind is, however
I'll note that my family and I are following what my wife has
garnered from information presented in this newsgroup.

Have you some better dietary advice? The larger cat tries to eat
dog food I imagine for the very same reasons that made him
overweight in the first place.

I'm very interested in sound advice if you've any to offer.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.