Old June 11th 05, 12:16 AM
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:26:41 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
. ..

Ooop, another '80s earworm!!! Sorry everyone. :P

Before the 80's Good Vibrations gives me an earworm for a while. Can't
you
just hear it? "Good, good, good vibrations..
Since you all seem to have adopted my German friend N's "earworm" phrase,
thought I had to tell you - in view of Helen hearing a nightingale, that
Nuele reported to me a few weeks ago that she had heard a "daytingale" a
nightingale singing in the daytime.
She just has such lovely phrases.

I had a German friend who always said "mouses." I loved that.

I can hardly bear to correct her when she says lovely things. Like paving
slabs are "stone plates" but she made me promise that I would. Sometimes I
don't, because it's so sweet, but she often suspects and says "you are
selfishly enjoying" and then I have to admit that I am and come clean with
the correct translation. sigh
She sometimes confounds me though. What is the difference between a road
and a street? and:
When I say I have to move out of the sun into the shadow, why do you call it
the shade? That one is still ongoing.. Any explanation appreciated.

Tweed