Old October 26th 05, 08:54 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Help with Lattice Balls?

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
Rhino wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Bebop likes to play but he is very picky about what he'll play
with. I've got two large drawers full of cat toys and he won't
even look at most of them. The lattice balls are one of the few
toys he has remained enthusiastic about for a long time. He gets
depressed if I don't play with him but I find it hard to play with
him because he just ignores most toys.

Rhino

I gave a ton of cat toys to the vet a while ago. Bebop sounds as
picky as she is. However, Kami loves the lattice balls with the bell
(we call them jingle balls), and they are only broken when I
accidentally step on them. (You should see her face if she's around.
She looks at me like I killed her mother or something.) She loves to
play fetch.

I've done that once - and the cats *still* played with the durn thing - they
just played hockey with it in the kitchen!

They in the puffball faze now. And milk rings and Twisties.....

I doubt you will find a more durable lattice ball. The packages I buy
always come with one that is half lattice and half solid plastic.
Those seem to last longer, but it could be that she doesn't like them.
Doing a quick search I found that the ones with plastic inside are
bird toys, they must be more durable because my birds always tried to
rip their toys apart. So go down the bird aisles instead of the cat
aisles at your local PetsMart.

--
Brandy Alexandre®
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx