Old November 1st 15, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Tribewt tu Ralph, Alice, Charlotte, & Chuy

Diz iz da storee of Alice's jorna:

[A frail, bedraggled orange cat staggers forward and collapses, her front paws on the shimmering foot of the Rainbow Bridge. She tries to aim a stern stare at the huge white & grey tabby cat preventing her from going further but manages only a pitiful gaze.]

Ralph....Ralph....pleeeze. I kno I told yew I wud steigh heer ana manaj da clowder ana tayk kare uv owrownhumin, but I cant effn dough I want tew, I want tu sewww much. Mineown bodee iz failin ana no mattur hough hard I tri, it wont get beddur.

See, heer iz owrown mama. Sheez got waddur fallin frum hur eyez bud she haz told TED Linda dat shee knos dat dey need tu help me onna mineown jurney. Ize ben inna cajplaze fur a weak wif lotza medisun ana TED Linda sez nuffin iz helpin. Luk, effun TED ana hur sistant, da wun hoo tuk care uv me inna cajplaze, iz cryin. Ana mama's kitten Paula iz cryin. Der is sew much payne ana sadniss. I wud steigh ana mayk dem happee if I cud. Yew kno I wud.

Sew, pleeze Ralph, let mee com bee wif yew atta Rainbow Bridge. Help mee, pleeze.

[The big tomcat's face softens and, as he looks at his human, a tear slides down his cheek. He reaches out his paw and, as their human strokes Alice's head and the doctor pushes on the syringe plunger, he pulls Alice all the way onto the Bridge.]

Oh, Alice, Ize sorree. No wun knew yew were sew sick ana in payne. Yew tried to be strong - sew did I - but owr Erth bodeez arn't maid tu last fureffur. Fred will manaj da clowder ana luk after the humin. Ana der iz a speshull spot ware wee kin luk down ana chek onna alla dem.

[As they begin the walk up the Bridge, where Laura and Kissa and so many of their friends wait for them, the frail orange cat grows fat and sassy, her whiskers twitch, and she starts looking around.]

Ralph! Ar doze eerz cleen? Let me luk. Wall, I gess Laura & Kissa haf ben doing a gud job but....iz dat a whiskur owt uv plaze? Stop, let mee fix it. Ar mineown whiskurz strait?

[Then, at the top of the Bridge, before melting into the welcome party, Alice stops and takes a look backwards at the morose group of humans gathered around her old body. A tiny gold tear, the same color as her eyes, slips down her cheek and joins those streaming down the face of the human she loved best.]

Mama Gabrielle, yew reskued me wunz, wen I hadda kittinz inna walls and gafe me luv, ana wuntroohom, and fudz. Nough you haf rescued me agin. Fangu. Ana doughn't wurry, I will keep effurywun inna line heer until yew join uz.

[Clouds pass over the sun but at the Bridge, it is shining brightly as Alice Ann Madre starts her tenth life in the company of friends and loved ones.]