Old August 7th 03, 05:34 AM
Pat Rabideau

Default leaving the cats alone....

for just two days.... can it be done without traumatizing them too
much... will they be ok on their own if I leave enough food, water, and
clean litter...

I have to make an emergency trip out of town, have three indoor cats,
and haven't been able to find anyone to stay with them on short
notice... they have never been alone before... not even during the day,
as there is always someone in the house....

I know they can survive, but being the gentle little creatures of habit
that they are, I am so worried that they will freak out when no one
comes home all night...

they are used to being fed a portion of wet food every morning and don't
even let you sleep on the weekends until they are fed.. being alone all
night and not getting their morning meal may cause them to feel
abandoned... and I don't know what harm this might do....

I have three nice well-behaved house cats, and I want to avoid any undue
stress to them.... is there anything I can do to make sure they are ok
in my absence....