Old August 7th 03, 02:26 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
for just two days.... can it be done without traumatizing them too
much... will they be ok on their own if I leave enough food, water, and
clean litter...

Can it be? Sure. We used to do it all the time when I was a kid. Can it
not be? Absolutely. We don't do that anymore since a cat lost half a
tail when the window fell down and amputated it (I was all of maybe 10
at the time).
If nothing bad happens, they'll be fine. However, bad things happen.
What if one of them gets hurt or they knock over the water bowl or there
is (god-forbid) a fire or other emergency?

If you need to leave them, make sure a neighbor has the keys, someone
checks on them once (or better, twice) a day, and someone has a number
where you can be reached in case something happens.

My cats do much better with someone coming in to clean and feed them
than boarding them. I never board anymore as it seemed to really upset
the kitties. Now I get a pet sitter to check in (or my Mom if I'm lucky
LOL) when I need to be away.

~kaeli~
The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER
The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher
the probability of its success.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace