Old March 23rd 04, 06:21 PM
Karen

Perhaps you could call or write the cat vet listed at the bottom of this
page:

http://www.vet.utk.edu/clinical/sacs/lithotripsy.shtml

Since they seem to treat kidney stones and explain no procedures are
available in Canada and you wondered if there is anything you can do. I
have found people to be very helpful when I write for various things and
information. My guess is you would at least get a suggestion of what to do
or where to go.

Karen

"adrie" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the forum advice.

As for the second opinion, I've called several vets and they say that they
do not know of a single vet in Canada that will operate on a cats kidneys
to remove the stones. They can operate on the bladder but the kidneys they
don't.

I refuse to believe it as well but so far I just keep running into brick
walls.

Thanks again,

Adrie