Old March 25th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Purrs for Tigger please

"alisont via CatKB.com" u11078@uwe wrote in message
The vet didn't find anything wrong but did give her some fluids. They did
rays and blood work. Her kidneys are good and the x-rays didn't find any
foreign bodies. She was somewhat dehydrated but no temperature. She was
definitely not feeling well. She bit the vet which is something she's
never
done before. She didn't eat much of anything yesterday nor use the
litter
box. She had some treats and ate a little this morning and used the
litter
box for a poop. She whimpered a little bit as it came out so I'm
wondering
if she wasn't constipated for some reason. She didn't vommit at all
yesterday except for the treats in the morning.

I'm going today to get her some medicine in liquid form. We tried
everything
to get her to take the pill the vet prescribed but she was not having any
of
it. We tried the pill pockets, she won't eat soft treats. We tried the
syringe that pops it in her mouth. It went in, she spit it out. We tried
the old fashioned method and she bit me. She didn't mean to, she just
didn't
want the pill.

I hope she's feeling better and it was a temporary thing. The next step
is a
barium series of x-rays to see if there's something that isn't showing in
the

Wow, she defininitely doesn't feel well if she is biting and usually
doesn't.

It all sounds good though, the kidney function especially! Maybe she has a
little bug, or as you mentioned, a little constipation. Do you feed her
canned
food? It has more water, so it might help. Good luck, I know you're
worried.
Let us know how she is, we will be thinking of her.