Old June 13th 12, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default How much exercise

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:50:50 PM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:
How do you train a cat to fetch? just throw a small ball? but what
makes them bring it back? Leo just watches it go away.

It's like Jack said. They seem to train themselves. It's a matter of finding a toy they like (usually something that rattles softly). They will chase after it, bring it back, drop it at my feet, and wait until I pick it back up (then they brace to run). With one of the boys, he loved the foil that wraps Hershey kisses, that mashed into a ball (usually 2 or 3 is the right size). Those and 'rattle' mice.