Old July 21st 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Declawing

cshenk wrote:

My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
wounds, rare in clawed kitties.

I suspect that may be largely a matter of the individual cat's
temperament. It's Melisande (the cat with all her claws) who tends to
bite, often for no discernible reason. Cendrillon, on the other hand,
has never bitten me - and come to think of it, I don't remember ever
hearing her hiss! Of course, my observations involve only one cat that
has been declawed, and anyone who has ever lived with cats knows that
there is NO statement beginning with "All cats...." that does not have a
multitude of exceptions. My two seem very closely bonded - they groom
each other affectionately, sleep together on my bed at night, and most
of their "aggressive" games are clearly play.