Old July 25th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.UseNet
John Doe

Default Declawing

"Kyla =^..^=" klya YOOhoo.not wrote:

"cshenk"
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
John Doe wrote:

John Doe almost looks like a spammer to me but hard to tell.

I agree

lol
silly troll
--

Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?

I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have this
thing called COMMON SENSE

Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!

I rescued 2 cats I didnt want and was afraid to take. The owner was
having them put to sleep as his new wife developed an 'allergy' when
pregnant. I think her 'allergy' was cleaning the cat litter so he had to
do it. (There are reasons why pregnant humans shouldn't do that for a
bit). The guy wanted to review my home to be sure I was 'suitable for his
beloved kitties'. AKA spick and span clean and all that.

I cleaned up, and took the kitties adding them to a 2 cat existing
household and i have *never* declawed a cat. I learned instead how to
train them to acceptable behavior.

These 2 new kitties minced in with pain. A sad story and a rather ugly
one.

I took them to my vet right away as even for declawed cats, this was very
abnormal. Vet took all the info I had on the guy and tried to take him to
court for animal abuse. Although he could not 'prove' it, he suspected
the guy did the job himself with toenail clippers. All 4 paws on both of
them.

We never got the guy and the vet did me the best cut rare deal of 100$ a
foot for the 2 of them that he could (this was cost of materials and meds
only) to make it so they could walk pain-free.

I admit this is a radical case but I am just ever so much into not
declawing since that.

Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you make
yourself appear to be?)

My attributes may be wrong (sue me). I have lived with 2 declawed and 2
normals at the same time. Fast I noted front declaw alone leads to more
hissing and defence becomes BITING which leads to vet due to puncture
wounds, rare in clawed kitties.

And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?

Nice words Joe :/

It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to it's
total well-being. (Idiot!)

There we may differ a tiny bit. I don't agree with docking for dogs, but
we have over bred some versions to where they literally break their tails
and it may have to be done later to give them ability if it can't be
reset. You may find a search on 'cold tail' useful there. Our Cash-pup
broke his tail before we got him and had an incident about 1 year after we
got him but it healed. If it happens again, we may have to dock him to
remove the pain if he gets an unmovable tail hanging down. He's not your
traditional 'dock tail' sort so it isnt for cosmetics. Imagine part of
your spine broken then hanging helplessly down and hurting all the time.
Thats when 'docking' is medical. It removes the weight hanging down that
they *cant* do anything about except feel pain from.

So, my stance (forgive me if messed attributes up) is declawing is never
needed or good, but docking a dog *may* sometimes be a medical need.

Thank you..I think declawing is wrong for any reason and that's the last I
am saying on the subject....it makes me sick!!! And yes, Joe is an idiot!!!
Kyla

From: "Kyla =^..^=" klya YOOhoo.not
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Declawing
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:12:01 -0700
References: 4b553702$0$2428$834e42db reader.greatnowhere.com 00066c73$0$2718$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com RPudnaQ3G4JS3fLWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d giganews.com 4bbd743f$0$24367$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com VN2dnfBKaM0xsCPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d earthlink.com 4c43ddb6$0$14495$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com JtidnQodT5HJKNnRnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d earthlink.com 4c44e0c2$0$32543$c3e8da3 news.astraweb.com ipidnWD2kP3Lu9vRnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d earthlink.com WJOdnXedaZV4o9vRnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d giganews.com