Old March 10th 15, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Would you tell a lie to save a cat?

"dgk" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:49:23 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks,
but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied.

That's not so bad a lie. Three is only one more than two and I doubt it can
be proved if the landlord comes. If there are three in your house, just say
"this stray cat came in yesterday, starving, so what can you do?"

I have bought my own house so I can have as many cats as I want but I've
always said that's its easy to feed quite a few cats, but not so easy to
afford the vet, if more than one have health problems at the same time.
I would like another cat. Boyfie disagrees about this.