Old March 11th 15, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Would you tell a lie to save a cat?

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:59:16 PM UTC, dgk wrote:

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied

We're not even supposed to have cats at all!

In our previous place (30 years ago) when we had one cat Speedy Joe as we had a garden our tenancy agreement said we could have 1 cat. When we moved here the tenancy said "No pets" but the landlord said if we still had the one cat they'd allow him but after he died no more cats

Speedy Joe bless him wasn't with us at the time He was a semi feral who ran off when he was about 4 but we kept up the fiction and they've tolerated our cats since on the basis they still seem to think we've only got Speedy Joe (if we had he'd be 34)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I remember reading something like this concerning a will - the cat's
caretaker was allowed to live in a lavish home as long as the cat was
alive. After 30 years or something the bank began to be suspicious,
and sure enough, whenever the cat died the guy got another one that
looked like it.

I'm actually moving into a Home Owner's Association thing where we
have to obey the rules, and one rather odd rule is that you can have
one pet that is up to 20 lbs, or two that total 25. It really is
referring to dogs, but I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

The only real issue is that I was considering bringing an outside cat
named Baby. But I'm leaving instructions with my neighbor that if they
have to move, or anything medical happens to Baby, or if her mother
(Jet) dies, I'm going to come back and get Baby. That will give me
four.