Old June 25th 04, 02:39 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

On another note, last night Hummy and Normy were playing together, and
after their wrestling match I had noticed that Normy's was keeping his
left eye half-shut, and it looked teary (if that's even a word). This
morning I noticed a small circular film on top of his eye. Perhaps
half of the size of a pencil eraser head. It doesn't seem to bother
him though. I'm not sure what it is but I'm wondering if perhaps its
simply a scratch wound from yesterday's battle with Hummy.

This can be an indication of one of the varieties of upper respiratory
infections. Many, many kittens catch URIs at the pet store, cattery, or
even at the vet. You'll see lots of kittens at the shelter with them,
too. Any place there's lots of cats, URIs spread like wildfire. You
mentioned the breeder has +20 cats, so it's possible he caught something
there. Some URIs can be carried - infected adult cats that show no
symptoms can still pass it to other cats.

Keep an eye on him. Most URIs are beaten by the cat's own immune system,
much like a human beats a cold, but some can get serious, especially if
he isn't eating or drinking well. If his nose stuffs up, he may lose his
appetite because he can't smell his food. As long as he's eating well,
and drinking plenty of water, he should be fine. Do take him to the vet
again if his eye doesn't get better in a couple days or if his symptoms
worsen. My motto has always been 'better safe than sorry'.

Glad to hear the boys seem to be getting on pretty well, though.

~kaeli~
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace