Old July 13th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Rabies Shots

"Jofirey" wrote in message

Another good reason, if you ever have a rabies problem where you live. We
are not required to get rabies shots for our cats here. But if there is a
rabies scare, and we have one every few years, then cats can pretty
quickly get stuck in quarantine if they haven't had the shots. That gets
expensive.

North Carolina IS a rabies problem. We've had just about every possible
animal come up with rabies including, deer, beavers, raccoons, bats, cats,
dogs, mice, and skunks. I've heard rumors of rabid cows, horses, and
everything else. I don't believe in the rabid chicken, however. Anyway,
the state accepts either the yearly or every three year vaccines, with the
emphasis on getting those animals their shots. It is the only major shot
that I insist on for the owners.

Pam S.

Question: considering the owners only go out into the enclosure (kitty
gaol) and are inside the rest of the time, what shots should they have? TED
wants them vaccinated against everything but the kitchen sink. They get
Revolution flea, tick, heartworm, etc. each month and their rabies shots.
Do they need more?