Old January 17th 17, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On 1/16/2017 3:55 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:28:04 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

My first cat, Sweep, had to take tablets everyday usually this was in some
food but when she wasn't eating it was a battle. one day DH had her
wrapped in a towel (not an easy thing to achieve) and had her on his lap
in the dining room to try to pill her. She was having none of this and
escaped, jumping out of DH's reach and leaping into the air. As my DH was
trying to catch her she was using his arms and hands to keep herself in
the air. She was in effect flying around the room. This went on for
several minutes until Sweep realised she was heading for the window and
couldn't change direction so she just stopped. DH managed to catch her as
she dropped and she took the pill no problem.

Well, this confirms my suspicions, then - cats may not have wings, but at least
some of them can definitely fly.

Sometimes they even teleport. You'll see them in one spot, go in the
opposite direction into another room, and they're sitting there looking
at you.

I presume DH refers to Dear (or Darling, or Doting) Husband. I do hope his arms
and hands didn't get shredded while Sweep was using him as an aid to aviation.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY