Old September 24th 03, 05:07 PM
Bill

"Suki" wrote in message
We have a flea problem in our house. Can you help us by answering the
following questions so we can combat the problem?:

1. Are there human fleas versus cat/dog fleas, someone told me that

cat/dog
fleas cannot reproduce by biting humans--they need cat/dog blood. Is this
true? If so, how can we tell whether we have human or cat/dog fleas?

Since
we have no pets, I am hoping we have cat/dog fleas and that they will die
out on their own.

2. Is Borax toxic to humans?

3. Once a flea comes in contact with Borax, how long does it take to die?

Thanks in advance.

I had this same problem that I solved by calling a professional
exterminator. Problem solved.

As another poster pointed out, your problem may be caused by wild animals
that have made a home with you. Rats or mice are common, and they have
fleas too. This needs to be checked.

It would probably help to put a flea collar in the vacuum cleaner bag as
well, but this alone won't solve the problem. Even if no animals are
present, the flea eggs will continue to hatch in waves over time.
Professional exterminators know how to deal with this.

Bill