Old April 12th 04, 12:49 AM
Lotte

This is one of my questions also. From what I've read, cooking destroys
some of the enzymes and vitamins present in raw meat, some of which are
essential for cats (taurine is the one I've seen mentioned), so those
essential enzymes & vitamins have to be added back into canned food, which
is usually cooked meat. I imagine it's the same difference as a human
eating a diet with no vegetables relying on a vitamin supplement to make up
for the lack of veggies... but I'm not sure. It seems to me there is a
market for a cat food mix that owners can mix with *cooked* meat, to avoid
the raw meat disease/bacteria issues. I suppose, at that point, it's just
as easy to use canned food, but personally, I'd buy something I could add to
my own cooked meat. That way I would know exactly what kind of meat my cats
were getting... Hopefully the group can offer some insight/comments. -- L.

"Gail" wrote in message
Why is raw meat superior to cooked meat for cats?
Gail