Old July 6th 12, 05:50 PM posted to alt.survival,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
pyotr filipivich

Default "Fe Fie Fo Fum, I'll grind his bones to make your bread" hand grinders for chicken bones

Greetings

Making home-made cat food: "cheap" chicken quarters, organs and fish.
Don't yet have a met grinder (the tube which bolts to a board). Been
grinding the quarters, bones and all, in a second (third) hand clamp
to the table, Universal #2 hand grinder. "lots of fun".
Several questions: Sharpening the cutters? Is it possible? How
is it done.

Is there a "better" make & model which will handled a "whole"
chicken? I'm getting good at deboning chicken legs, which does help,
some, but "anyone know of a better way"? That doesn't cost a lot of
cash money?

tschus
pyotr

And yes, I know all about "Don't feed chicken bones to cats". Which
is excellent advice regarding cooked chicken & bones. But raw bones -
with a good knife you can cut them up w/ little or not effort.
Grinding them fine solves the "calcium" problem.
--
pyotr filipivich
What is normal?